Tuesday 23 July 2013

Global Smurfs Day 2013 (Westfield London)

(it appears that I had finally met my match.... by giving this smurfy chap a friendly handshake!)

On Saturday June 22nd, 2013, I went to Westfield shopping centre (which is alongside Shepherd's Bush station) to join in for the smurf-tastic fun there. Once I got there, I have changed into a smurf costume and put on some blue facepaint all over my face. (almost entirely...!)


(Right Said Fred had been all smurfy, even for a smile on his face!)

The event had turned out to be smurfier than I had ever thought it would be, as there were lots of smurfy things to do like playing with "The Smurfs 2" on the PS3, coconut shy, face painting, a mega block model of a smurf and a stage hosted by none other than Magic 105.4's Jamie Edwards!


(Here I am standing next to this huge model of a mega-block Smurf, except it was a twice as three apples high!)

While I was enjoying myself, I had met and made friends with lots of peoples who wanted to have their pictures taken with me, which was something I didn't expect to be doing to please everybody. Even a nice paparazzi from Fulham and Hammersmith Chronicle had taken a picture of me, a little girl and of course, my little true blue friend!


(A fabulous picture of me, Papa Smurf, Debra and of course, a little smurf figure I had won from a Q&A game from Jamie)

Later in the afternoon, everyone were having a smurf-tastic time singing Right Said Fred's "I'm Too Smurfy" karaoke. And by the end of the day, I was tired but felt rather proud of myself for having a fun time at Westfield.

There will always be another year or two for the next Global Smurfs Day!

THE END!

(These are all the goodies I had won from Jamie's Q&A game on "The Smurfs 2", including an large figure of the Smurf)

LINK TO THE VIDEO:




No comments:

Post a Comment